Frequently Asked Questions

Can I use my insurance plan at the clinic?
The ECU PASS Clinic does not bill insurance as most plans will not reimburse for services provided by trainees. We offer affordable individual services on a sliding scale (often equal or less than an insurance co-payment) and arrange payment plans for our group services. If you find that your insurance will cover our services, we will assist you in filling out the necessary forms.

How much will an initial consultation cost?
There is no charge for the initial consultation visit to see if we can be of assistance. If our services are appropriate, the clinician will work with you to set a workable fee during the first session. If the clinic does not provide the services you need, we will provide you with referral information.

Do I need an appointment to be seen?
Yes, our clinic does not offer walk-in service.

How soon can I see a clinician?
Prospective patients call the clinic to request services and are assigned to a graduate student clinician. An initial interview is typically scheduled within one week of the initial call. This interview allows clinicians to better assess each patient’s individual needs. Supervisors will review each case to determine if the clinic is the appropriate agency to effectively help. There may be a waiting list for specific services.

Who can take advantage of the clinic’s services?
Comprehensive psychological services are available to ECU Faculty, staff and community members in the Greenville area on a confidential basis.

I’m an ECU student. What services are available to me?
Thank you for your interest in our services. We do provide psycho-educational evaluations for students working with the ECU Disabilities Office.  As you are eligible for professional counseling services through the ECU Center for Counseling and Development (328-6661), you are advised to first consider their services as the Counseling Center’s mission is to serve the needs of students. However, if appropriate, ECU students are also welcome to receive therapy services at the PASS Clinic.

ECU Counseling Center

Where do I park on campus?
The clinic office will provide community patients with a parking permit. All campus parking spaces require a permit. Clinic parking permits are not valid in reserved spaces or handicapped spaces.

Does the clinic prescribe medications for mental health problems?
No, but we will work with your physician or refer you to a medical provider if you are interested in an evaluation for medications, or for more appropriate therapy services.

Does the clinic provide emergency services or crisis counseling?
No, if you are currently experiencing a crisis, we encourage you to contact the appropriate community resource listed below.

Immediate Assistance
911 (or 252-328-6150 on cell phone)

Medical Care
ECU Health (formerly Vidant Medical Center) Emergency Department: 252-847-4100

Behavioral Emergencies
Real Crisis Center: 252-758-HELP
Mobile Crisis Team: 1-866-437-1821

How do I make an appointment?
Look at our Making/Canceling Appointments category under Services on our webpage, or call the clinic office at 252-737-4180.