Courtney L. Baker, PhD
104 Rawl Building
Department of Psychology
East Carolina University
Greenville, NC 27858-4353
Willing to consider taking a doctoral student in 2023-24?
- PhD, Industrial/Organizational Psychology and Social Psychology, Northern Illinois University (2021)
- MA, Industrial/Organizational Psychology and Social Psychology, Northern Illinois University (2019)
- Certificate in Advanced Quantitative Methodology in Education (2018)
- BS, Psychology, Bradley University (2014)
- AA, General Studies, Rock Valley College (2012)
Primary efforts of my research lab are focused on person perception in the workplace in the following areas:
- Workplace diversity and inclusion, specifically focusing on age discrimination
- Stigma in the workplace
- Use of workplace multitasking and humor
- Workplace mistreatment (e.g., incivility, abusive supervision)
- Finkelstein, L. M., Hanrahan, E. A., & Thomas, C. L. (2018). An expanded view of age bias in the workplace. In K. Schultz & G. Adams (Eds.), Aging and Work in the 21st Century (2nd Ed.).
- Hanrahan, E. A., Thomas, C. L.,* & Finkelstein, L. M. (2022). You’re too old for that! Ageism and prescriptive stereotypes in the workplace. Work, Aging & Retirement.
- King, E., Finkelstein, L., Thomas, C. L., & Corrington, A. (2019, August 01*). Generational differences at work are small. Thinking they’re big affects our behavior. Harvard Business Review. Retrieved from https://hbr.org/2019/08/generational-differences-at-work-are-small-thinking-theyre-big-affects-our-behavior
- Santuzzi, A., Keating, R., Martinez, J., & Thomas, C. L. (Under Review). Understanding the dimensions of disability stigma and its consequences for workers and organizations. In J. Beatty, S. Hennekam, & M. Kulkarni (Eds.), De Gruyter Handbook of Disability and Management.
- Thomas, C. L., & Finkelstein, L. M. (2022). Development and initial validation of a word fragment completion task of age metastereotype activation. Work, Aging, & Retirement.
- Thomas, C. L., & Skowronski, J. J. (2020). The study of microaggressive behavior: Reflections on its past and possible future. In J. Nadler & E. Voyles (Eds.), Stereotypes: The Thinking Person’s Guide to Today’s Reality in the U.S.